How To Seal Your Case

PlainSite is one of many web sites on the internet that provides public access to public domain materials. While you may have found your case on PlainSite, if it's here, it is likely on other sites as well, or could easily be in the future.

The proper way to guard against disclosure of court materials is to have them sealed. You can file a motion to seal your case with or without a lawyer, depending upon whether or not you are already represented by one. If you are representing yourself or no longer have a lawyer, you can refer to other motions to seal that have already been filed in court when deciding how to draft your own.

Make sure to include the reasons that apply to your situation when drafting your motion to seal. There is no guarantee that a judge will agree to seal your case. If a judge decides not to seal your case, we will not suppress it from search engines.

Here are some examples of motions to seal filed in federal court that have been successful:

PlainSite isn't a law firm, so we cannot provide you with legal advice about your case or your motion. We do encourage you to rely on the resourcse we provide to achieve the legal result you desire.

If there are any questions regarding this privacy policy, please contact us.

Issues Laws Cases Pro Articles Firms Entities
Issues Laws Cases Pro Articles Firms Entities
Sign Up
Need Password Help?